WHO ARE WE?
'We', 'us' and 'our' refer to Wealth Market Pty Ltd (ABN: 56 128 350 112) AFSL no. 482898 (WM) of Level 17, 135 King Street, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000 and our related bodies corporate.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD
The nature of our business means that we may collect and hold a range of personal information and other information about you. This may include:
- name, address, date of birth, contact details and tax file number;
- employment details and employment history;
- details of your financial needs and objectives;
- details of your financial circumstances and objectives, including your assets and liabilities (both actual and potential), income, expenditure, taxation information, insurance and superannuation, investment preferences and aversion or tolerance to risk;
- information about your family corporate structure, such as entity or any trusts and its beneficiaries;
- information about your family commitments and social security eligibility and entitlements;
- information about your health or medical conditions
- information about your beneficiaries, such as their address, date of birth, contact details and relationship to you; and
- details of your citizenship, residency or visa status.
Some information we collect and hold is sensitive and subject to greater protections.
We may also hold your tax file number. Our use of your tax file number is restricted by law, including the Act and the Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth).
We may need to collect sensitive information about you, for example, to assess your insurance needs. Sensitive information is personal information that includes information relating to your health, racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual orientation, criminal history or biometric information.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We may collect your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (via email, in face to face interviews, over the telephone, on forms completed by you, or when you write to us or when you attend our seminars or otherwise interact with us);
- through digital communications when you visit our website or use our mobile applications;
- from third parties such as your employer, lawyers or accountants, your spouse or partner, financial institutions or from someone who knows you if they have been authorised by you;
- from government agencies and entities;
- from the trustee of your superannuation fund or its related parties, associates or affiliates;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- from our related entities, business partners and other third parties.
You have the right not to provide information to us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we need, it may affect the appropriateness of our financial advice or we may not be able to provide you with your requested product or service.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. We may also collect your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and managing our relationship with you. From time to time we may offer you other products and services.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of Ray White, Loan Market, their related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents and brokers and employees or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, utilities providers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our data hosting and other IT service
- providers, located in various countries; and
- other third parties located in various foreign countries, including Philippines & USA.
Your personal information may be stored in the cloud in an overseas country.
In the event that a disclosure is made in an overseas country (which we consider unlikely), the information will not be protected by the Australian Privacy Principles. In any event, by providing your details, you consent to your information being disclosed in this manner.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about finance, offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company with whom we are associated.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by telephoning us on 1800 011 471 or by writing to us at email@example.com. If the direct marketing is by email you may also use the unsubscribe function. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you we may ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed.
If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us. We will generally rely on you to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate or complete.
Access and correction to your personal information
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
We may charge a fee for our costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
Depending on the type of request that you make we may respond to your request immediately, otherwise we usually respond to you within seven days of receiving your request. We may need to contact other entities to properly investigate your request.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, or if your request is vexatious. An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to the personal information we hold about you.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date you may request that we correct the information. If appropriate we will correct the personal information, at the time of the request, otherwise, we will provide an initial response to you within seven days of receiving your request. Where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected the personal information within 30 days.
We may need to consult with other entities as part of our investigation.
If we refuse to correct personal information we will provide you with our reasons for not correcting the information.
USING GOVERNMENT IDENTIFIERS
If we collect government identifiers, such as your tax file number, we do not use or disclose this information other than required by law. We will never use a government identifier in order to identify you.
BUSINESS WITHOUT IDENTIFYING YOU
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you, however, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information, for example, if you make general inquiries about our services or current promotional offers.
HOW SAFE AND SECURE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. We may store your personal information in paper and electronic form. We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, or you have a complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Act, you may contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days. We will provide you with a decision on your complaint within 30 days.
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information by contacting us.